Photobucket Advisory Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Photobucket Advisory Group

A place to discuss ideas and feedback from our most valued users

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome Aboard!

+2
biz1966
Admin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Lulu3955

Admin wrote:Congratulations LuLu3955, you are the winner of the $50 Amazon Gift Card!

Thanks everyone for getting things going with the all new Photobucket Customer Advisory Group. We will continue to have random drawings for all participants, so please chime in and provide feedback whenever possible.

YAY! Thank you so much. Thanks for making this group.

2Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Lulu3955

Admin wrote:
Within your library you will see a toggle button 'organize'. If you turn this on, you can select multiple photos to link out at once, and several other 'bulk' actions.

Oh ok I found it. That is a little confusing. I never would have thought that it would have been in the organization toggle but now that you say it. It makes sense.

3Welcome Aboard! Empty Winner of the Amazon Gift Card!!! Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Congratulations LuLu3955, you are the winner of the $50 Amazon Gift Card!

Thanks everyone for getting things going with the all new Photobucket Customer Advisory Group. We will continue to have random drawings for all participants, so please chime in and provide feedback whenever possible.

https://photobucket.forumotion.com

4Welcome Aboard! Empty More answers to your questions... Mon May 06, 2013 11:32 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Lulu3955 wrote:The missing feature that is been really inconvenient for me has been the ability to select more than one picture than generate a link to a group of photos so that it displays as a gallery of sorts on my blog and/or forum. I used to be able to do that. It was so handy.

I also liked in the older version how you could hover over and get the links for each photo. In the new set up it automatically shows the links on the bottom for each photo. Doing this way takes up too much visual space which is why I like the hover over.

Sometimes photobucket likes to reorganize my photos within an album. Doesn't matter what order I uploaded them in or how I purposefully organized them. They default to however they'd like.

Within your library you will see a toggle button 'organize'. If you turn this on, you can select multiple photos to link out at once, and several other 'bulk' actions.

5Welcome Aboard! Empty Late to the game Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 pm

TarmacTV

Hi gang, sorry I'm so late to all of this. I only use Photobucket for uploading pictures so I can share them on forums. For the most part, it works great for what I need. The only editing tool I use is the resizing tool.

6Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Lulu3955

The missing feature that is been really inconvenient for me has been the ability to select more than one picture than generate a link to a group of photos so that it displays as a gallery of sorts on my blog and/or forum. I used to be able to do that. It was so handy.

I also liked in the older version how you could hover over and get the links for each photo. In the new set up it automatically shows the links on the bottom for each photo. Doing this way takes up too much visual space which is why I like the hover over.

Sometimes photobucket likes to reorganize my photos within an album. Doesn't matter what order I uploaded them in or how I purposefully organized them. They default to however they'd like.

7Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:43 am

biz1966

Re: album page numbers
We currently have no plans to change this, but I have escalated this to the product team. I understand your frustration here.

Thank you! I hope they can change that!

And I am done spamming now. Smile

8Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am

biz1966

This too is coming with the new media detail page next week. You will be able to click to zoom and view image in a pop up, and from there you can view the original image

Does this new media page mean that when you click on an image from the album page, you will no longer see the line of thumbnails at the bottom of it to select a different image? If so, that's good. Because if the direct link is still supposedly kicking you back to that page, they should only see the single image they're looking at and not the rest of the album's images regardless of the privacy settings of said album. I would think, right?

9Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 am

biz1966

This is a technical limitation. We use flash to reliably do click-to-copy, and having flash on every thumbnail could really bog down the page.

I'm confused as to how that is a technical limitation because it worked perfectly fine in the old Photobucket? If you were able to do it then, why not now? And if it is a technical limitation, can we at least scroll to select the URL or click to select it? Because having to click through 2 different dialog boxes just to copy a URL gets tedious if you're placing multiple images in one post.

Re direct links
This should be fixed. Do you have any specific examples you would be willing to share so we can look into the issue further?

Oh? I thought we were told it was a business decision that all direct links would redirect to actually go to the image in Photobucket and that this would not be changed. If you did change it, THANK YOU. But, if it IS changed, it is not working as my roommate last night had one of her images going to Photobucket. It did so until she removed the "original" from the end of the URL.

10Welcome Aboard! Empty More answers to your questions... Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

ham_stuff wrote:Thank you for the opportunity to discuss this.

I've been a Photobucket user for a few years. My requirements are commercial in nature. (mostly eBay)
I need a SIMPLE user interface. I could care less about linking to social media and sharing pictures with friends.
(I do understand the objective with your approach, just not my thing).

I primarily upload using FTP to Photobucket, it generally works well, its the deleting of files from the database that
is VERY tedious.

The file organizer does not tag the photos with file names - it did before the site "upgrade". - I am not
aware of any setting that allows this. I have many pictures that look similar at the thumbnail scale,
I have to open two windows at the same time, one with the regular library view so I can see the
file names and the other with the organizer just to identify files in order to delete them.

There is also an issue with file sizes on images uploaded with the FTP transfer. Frequently the system disregards
user settings on file size, and the system loads them original size rather than the scaled size set in preferences.
About 50-50% on that one, odd bug... Have not seen that with the regular uploader.

If it would be possible to delete files in FTP mode, I would consider that a significant upgrade.
Perhaps you could shed some light on why that is not possible.

I've had several conversations with photobucket support on these and other topics and although
they have been sympathetic and did understand the issues, other problems seem to have taken precedence.

My basic suggestion it that your software group consider a sub-system for business users, simple, fast
and easy to use without all the bells and whistles.

Thanks.

We are in discussions on how we plan to handle FTP uploads going forward, so I will need to get back to you on all these questions.

11Welcome Aboard! Empty More answers to your questions... Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

biz1966 wrote:I just thought of one other thing since I just used it..

It would be great to also have the album page numbers at the top of the page to click on as well. When I know my image is not on page 1, it takes time to scroll down to the bottom, just to click on a page number. It'd be nice if we could have them at both the top and the bottom. Smile That way everyone is happy.

Also, thank you for getting rid of the Infinite Scroll. It just simply did not work.

We currently have no plans to change this, but I have escalated this to the product team. I understand your frustration here.

12Welcome Aboard! Empty More answers to your questions... Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

toddrtrex wrote:
biz1966 wrote:.....

Also, miss the ability to click to make an image bigger when it's clicked on, rather than go to the next image. I didn't think I'd miss that, but boy do I!

Yes, I really miss that feature too. I have some hiking pictures that I hadn't resized (( one of the reason I went "pro" was the increased file/picture size )) so I can see them in greater detail, miss being able to that that more than I thought I would.

This too is coming with the new media detail page next week. You will be able to click to zoom and view image in a pop up, and from there you can view the original image

13Welcome Aboard! Empty More answers to your questions... Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

toddrtrex wrote:Don't know if it is major, but something that I truly miss --- and for what I use photobucket for, it a big deal for me.

The photo's info, date taken, ISO, shutter settings, etc.

Thanks.

Todd.

We are releasing a new media detail page next week-so when you click to view a single image, there are several updates coming to this page. One will be the media info you are requesting. It will be on the right hand side. You will have to click to view it, but there is a ton of information so I think you will be pleased. I will make sure to update the group when this page is released!

14Welcome Aboard! Empty Some answers to your questions... Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

biz1966 wrote:At the moment, my biggest peeve is the fact that even in Easy Linking Mode, we still have to click, select all, copy ... please bring back the autocopy. It was so much more convenient. You have it on the side links, why not on the "easy links" beneath the thumbnails. No reason why it can't be implemented in both places.

This is a technical limitation. We use flash to reliably do click-to-copy, and having flash on every thumbnail could really bog down the page.

biz1966 wrote:Also, not loving the hijacking of the direct links to go back to Photobucket from the site I'm at. When someone clicks on direct link they should get the image only, which is the definition of a direct link, they should not be hijacked and sent to a completely different web page. You are, in a sense, stealing other people's visitors. Not sure you'd appreciate the same if it were the other way around.

This should be fixed. Do you have any specific examples you would be willing to share so we can look into the issue further?

15Welcome Aboard! Empty SIMPLE interface Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 pm

ham_stuff

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss this.

I've been a Photobucket user for a few years. My requirements are commercial in nature. (mostly eBay)
I need a SIMPLE user interface. I could care less about linking to social media and sharing pictures with friends.
(I do understand the objective with your approach, just not my thing).

I primarily upload using FTP to Photobucket, it generally works well, its the deleting of files from the database that
is VERY tedious.

The file organizer does not tag the photos with file names - it did before the site "upgrade". - I am not
aware of any setting that allows this. I have many pictures that look similar at the thumbnail scale,
I have to open two windows at the same time, one with the regular library view so I can see the
file names and the other with the organizer just to identify files in order to delete them.

There is also an issue with file sizes on images uploaded with the FTP transfer. Frequently the system disregards
user settings on file size, and the system loads them original size rather than the scaled size set in preferences.
About 50-50% on that one, odd bug... Have not seen that with the regular uploader.

If it would be possible to delete files in FTP mode, I would consider that a significant upgrade.
Perhaps you could shed some light on why that is not possible.

I've had several conversations with photobucket support on these and other topics and although
they have been sympathetic and did understand the issues, other problems seem to have taken precedence.

My basic suggestion it that your software group consider a sub-system for business users, simple, fast
and easy to use without all the bells and whistles.

Thanks.

16Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:20 pm

biz1966

I just thought of one other thing since I just used it..

It would be great to also have the album page numbers at the top of the page to click on as well. When I know my image is not on page 1, it takes time to scroll down to the bottom, just to click on a page number. It'd be nice if we could have them at both the top and the bottom. Smile That way everyone is happy.

Also, thank you for getting rid of the Infinite Scroll. It just simply did not work.

17Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:10 pm

toddrtrex

biz1966 wrote:.....

Also, miss the ability to click to make an image bigger when it's clicked on, rather than go to the next image. I didn't think I'd miss that, but boy do I!

Yes, I really miss that feature too. I have some hiking pictures that I hadn't resized (( one of the reason I went "pro" was the increased file/picture size )) so I can see them in greater detail, miss being able to that that more than I thought I would.

18Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:07 pm

toddrtrex

Don't know if it is major, but something that I truly miss --- and for what I use photobucket for, it a big deal for me.

The photo's info, date taken, ISO, shutter settings, etc.

Thanks.

Todd.

19Welcome Aboard! Empty Re: Welcome Aboard! Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm

biz1966

At the moment, my biggest peeve is the fact that even in Easy Linking Mode, we still have to click, select all, copy ... please bring back the autocopy. It was so much more convenient. You have it on the side links, why not on the "easy links" beneath the thumbnails. No reason why it can't be implemented in both places.

Also, not loving the hijacking of the direct links to go back to Photobucket from the site I'm at. When someone clicks on direct link they should get the image only, which is the definition of a direct link, they should not be hijacked and sent to a completely different web page. You are, in a sense, stealing other people's visitors. Not sure you'd appreciate the same if it were the other way around.

Over all, I got the features back that I needed, but really, at this point, those are my only peeves.

Thank you for setting this up. I look forward to the discussions!

20Welcome Aboard! Empty Welcome Aboard! Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Welcome everyone to Photobucket's Customer Advisory Group!

You all have been chosen to be part of this group because of your experience with Photobucket and your willingness to give constructive feedback about our products and services.

I am intentionally keeping this group small so our discussions are productive. I took some time and checked out a few of your sites/blogs/forums. It's great we have such a variety of interests with such a small group, not to mention a great way for me to see how you are using Photobucket!

As you are all well aware, we recently launched a new site. Things are going well, and we continue to add/upgrade features weekly. A lot of the recent changes are because of users like you, so thank you!

Now, before we get into the good stuff...possibly a sneak peek at our mobile app:) I'd like to kick things off with any current feedback on the new site. I know we were missing some features for a little while, and some of you may have been frustrated. So rather than start things off on the wrong foot, lets get any major complaints out of the way up front....Is there anything MAJOR that is really bothering you, or missing from the new site? Then we can dive into the good stuff.

Kristen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum