Photobucket Advisory Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Photobucket Advisory Group

A place to discuss ideas and feedback from our most valued users

You are not connected. Please login or register

A couple questions around using Photobucket on your Mobile Device

+3
mjc4370
biz1966
Admin
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TarmacTV

1. Do you currently use the Photobucket mobile application? Why or why not?
Yes. I take a lot of pictures on the trail with my ruggedized smart phone. It's nice to be able to upload directly from the phone.

2. Do you use any other photo applications? Which ones and what for?
Instagram. Mostly because of the quick and easy editing tools.

3. If you were to design the Photobucket Mobile Application to meet YOUR needs, what would you need it to do for you? What functionality is a must have to meet your needs?
Let me edit photos on the phone. Resize, basic color filters, simple stuff. Also, being able to copy links from the app so I could post them online would be very nice.

[/quote]

2A couple questions around using Photobucket on your Mobile Device Empty Question replies Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 am

reddreamscharity

I have the mobile application on both of my smart phone, but tend to use software the phone already has.

Just general loaded camera software for Iphone and Samsung S3

3. If you were to design the Photobucket Mobile Application to meet YOUR needs, what would you need it to do for you? What functionality is a must have to meet your needs?
We are starting a music label shortly and will be using Photobucket for artists / marketing / PR. We would love the ability arrange photos in folders, have the ability to private links to email addresses, to see which emails have viewed photos, which emails have downloaded photos. Watermarking the photos would be great with photographer and music label name.

4. For those of you that use Photobucket to link pictures to a storefront, forum, blog, etc. Do you think you would want to link pictures from your mobile device, why or why not?

It would be useful, for updating artistes pages, for new album work. Would be nice to be able to link photo to a separate webpage too.[b]

Lulu3955

I do use the photobucket app for iPhone. I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone and it's nice to upload these pictures without having to email them to myself.

I use Diptic for photo arrangements/collages and I use iWaterfree for watermark my photos

Must: Be able to download photos, view albums, view pics within the albums, View the progress of the downloads as they happen, be able to choose what album to post to (basically all the stuff it already does)
Wants:I would like to be able to watermark my photos via the app, I'd love to be able to arrange the photos within an album

4. For those of you that use Photobucket to link pictures to a storefront, forum, blog, etc. Do you think you would want to link pictures from your mobile device, why or why not?
I like to post directly to the forums I'm a part of from my phone. I'd like to ability/option to copy a link of my photos in the app then switch to my internet browser and paste. I can currently do this by login into photobucket on my internet browser on my phone where I have the usual computer style access to my photobucket. This system is really hard to do.

toddrtrex

Didn't receive a message about this either...

Anyways, I currently don't use any apps on my phone -- it is an HTC phone running Windows -- believe it is an UK phone from the spelling of certain words.

In the market for a new phone -- next month or so -- and it will be a "proper" phone and will have access to apps.

mjc4370

Hi Kristen,
I do use the mobile app and have it so all of my photos upload automatically. I unfortunately have lost a hard drive with many photos on it in the past and I am much better about backing things up now. It is a great way to quickly look at photos in my account without having access to a computer. I do not use any other photo app because I really haven't had a need to do so. I am happy with the current mobile app for what I do. I occasion link pictures from photobucket but do not find the need to do so from my mobile device.

Michael Carnevale

biz1966

Sorry! No idea why I never got a notification that this was posted.

Anyway, for me, I tend to not use mobile applications for any web services, simply because I don't use the web on my mobile devices. I find them too small and hard to see. But that's simply my personal preference. (But if I did use mobile web, it would be on my iPad and not my phone.)

I will recommend to make any mobile app backwards compatible as far as possible. I still have a first generation iPad simply because I can't afford to update right now, and I'm finding more and more apps are no longer supporting that. That's effectively shutting out a good number of a potentially paying audience.

I know that's not really answering your questions, but that's how I use my mobile device. (Basically to play games, check email or text/call)

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to ask you a few questions about using Photobucket on your mobile device. How would you picture our photo application working for you?

Thanks everyone!
Kristen

https://photobucket.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum